Misconceptions about Life Transformation Coaching ?
Coaching is working with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to achieve their personal and professional potential..
Coaching is NOT:
- •Therapy -- A therapist is a licensed mental health professional who can diagnose and treat mental illness. He or she can help someone heal emotional or psychological wounds or become functional in an area in which they may be dysfunctional.
- •Advice -- An advisor tells someone what they think they should do in a particular situation or area of life.
- •Consulting -- A consultant is a subject matter expert who assesses an organization's current state and provides recommendations for optimization or change.
- •Mentoring -- A mentor is someone who already has experience in a particular area and provides guidance to someone with less experience.
- •Friendship -- A friend is a friend. They provide and expect companionship and support through a mutually-beneficial arrangement.
Anyone can become a Life Coach and do to require training – This is not the case. To be a great Life Coach you need to be certificated by an accredited Coaching Training Academy to obtain the necessary knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to assist your client through his transformation journey.
- A coach will NEVER tell you what to do or give you advice.
- A coach is NOT the subject matter expert on your life. You are.
- A coach will NEVER judge your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, or actions.
- A coach helps you move your life from adequate and functional to ideal and optimal.
- A coach KNOWS you have all the answers or can discover the answers for yourself. By asking the right questions at the right time, the coach helps you uncover your own truths.
With coaching, you are ALWAYS in charge.